1. The information provided here is proprietary, confidential information of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG. By logging on, you agree to keep this information strictly confidential. You will not disclose its contents to others unless they have a need to know such information and are bound by written confidentiality obligations. You also agree to take at least as much care in keeping the information confidential as you would in connection with your own, or your employer’s confidential information.
2. Use of Information. You may only download or use information from Novartis IRT, for your own non-commercial use. You may not use or reuse this information for commercial purposes, without written permission of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG. You must retain and reproduce every copyright notice or other proprietary rights notice contained with any material you download. You should assume that everything you see or read on Novartis IRT is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used without the written permission of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on Novartis IRT will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG. Except for this limited authorization, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG gives you no license to or right in the Information.
3. Trademarks/Proprietary Rights. Unless otherwise noted, you should assume that all product names appearing on Novartis IRT, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol are trademarks of Novartis. Novartis IRT may also contain or reference patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
4. Information You Supply To Us.. Anything you send becomes the property of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG for all purposes.
5. Postings To Novartis IRT. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG WILL FULLY COOPERATE WITH ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES OR COURT ORDER REQUESTING OR DIRECTING Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG TO DISCLOSE THE IDENTITY OF ANYONE POSTING ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIALS. As we deem appropriate, we may immediately, and without notice, take corrective action, including preventing the user from using Novartis IRT and removing any information, data and content put on Novartis IRT by the user.
2. Intended use of Personal Data: We may collect and use Personal Data to provide you with access to Novartis IRT or to communicate with you for other purposes which are evident from the circumstances or about which we inform you when we collect Personal Data from you.
4. Right of access, correction and objection Whenever we process Personal Data, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is kept accurate and up-to date for the purposes for which it was collected. We will provide you with the ability to object to the processing of your Personal Data if such processing is not reasonably required for a legitimate business purpose as described in this policy or our compliance with law. If you wish to contact us regarding our use of your Personal Data or object to the processing of your Personal Data, please email us at email@example.com. If you contact us, please provide the specific information you would like us to correct, update or delete plus a proper identification of you. Requests to delete personal data will be subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on us.
5. Security and confidentiality To ensure the security and confidentiality of Personal Data that we collect online, we use data networks protected, inter alia, by password protection. In the course of handling your Personal Data, we take measures reasonably designed to protect that information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
6. Data transfer abroad We are part of the Novartis Group which is a global group of companies and has databases in different countries, some of which are operated by the local Novartis Group Company, and some of which are operated by third parties on behalf of the local Novartis Group Company. We may transfer your data to one of the Group's databases outside your country of domicile, potentially including countries which may not require an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data compared with that provided in your country.
This Safe Harbor Privacy Statement (the "Statement") sets forth the privacy principles followed by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Pharma AG (Novartis) in connection with the transfer and protection of "personal information" received from the European Union (EU) or Switzerland.
The "Safe Harbor" program was jointly established in June 2000 by the United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission, as a method for transferring personal information from the European Union (EU), to companies in the United States. The program is a voluntary self-certification process for companies operating in the United States. Companies that certify represent that they are upholding privacy standards for personal information received from the EU that have been jointly accepted by the EU Commission and the US Department of Commerce. These standards exceed current US privacy standards. Novartis has certified to the Safe Harbor program and makes that commitment.
"Personal Information" means information that can directly or indirectly lead to the identification of a living person, such as an individual's name, address, e-mail, telephone number, license number, medical identification number, photograph, or other identifying characteristic. The identification can occur by reference to one or more factors specific to the individual's physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. Personal information does not include information that has been anonymized, encoded or otherwise stripped of its identifiers, or information that is publicly available, unless combined with other non-public personal information.
This Statement governs personal information transferred from countries in the EU or Switzerland (which has adopted substantially similar privacy laws to those of the EU), to the United States on behalf of Novartis. It applies to personal information in electronic and off-line formats.
The following privacy principles apply to the transfer, collection, use or disclosure of personal information from the EU by Novartis.
Notice: Novartis informs individuals in the EU about the purposes for which it collects and uses their personal information, how to contact Novartis, the types of third parties with which Novartis shares their personal information, and the choice and means Novartis offers for limiting the use and disclosure of their personal information.
Consistent with the Safe Harbor requirements, Novartis may not be in a position to furnish notice in certain limited situations. Specifically, notice is not required where the processing of EU personal information is necessary to respond to a government inquiry; is required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations; or is necessary to protect Novartis' legal interests and providing notice would interfere with those interests.
Choice: Novartis will not process personal information about EU individuals for purposes other than those for which the information was originally obtained or subsequently authorized by the EU individual unless the individual affirmatively and explicitly consents ("opt-in") to the processing, or unless an exception applies. Novartis also provides EU individuals with the opportunity to withdraw consent at any time ("opt-out"), in which case their personal information will not be further processed. There are certain limitations on the right to opt-out, such as those that apply in the clinical research situation. In that situation, Novartis can continue to rely upon personal information already provided by clinical research participants who choose to discontinue participation in a clinical trial, to the extent needed to protect the integrity of the study, but cannot collect any additional personal information about that individual once the written request to withdraw participation is received.
Data Integrity: Novartis seeks to ensure that any personal information held about EU individuals is accurate, complete, current and otherwise reliable in relation to the purposes for which the information was obtained. Novartis collects personal information that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes for which it is to be processed. EU individuals have a responsibility to assist Novartis in maintaining accurate, complete and current personal information about them.
Transfers To Third Parties: Novartis will only transfer personal information about EU individuals to third-parties where the third-party (a) has provided satisfactory assurances to Novartis that it will protect the information consistently with this Statement; or (b) is located in the EU or a country considered "adequate" for privacy by the EU Commission, and therefore is required to comply with the EU data protection laws or substantially equivalent privacy laws; or (c) the third-party has also certified to the Safe Harbor, and is accordingly independently responsible for complying with the Safe Harbor requirements.
Where Novartis has knowledge that a third-party to whom it has provided EU personal information is processing that information in a manner contrary to this Statement or the Safe Harbor requirements, Novartis will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the processing.
Access And Correction: Upon written request to Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Novartis will provide EU individuals with reasonable access to their personal information. Novartis will also take reasonable steps to allow EU individuals to review their information for the purposes of correcting their information. There are certain limitations to the Access and Correction rights, as set forth in the US Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor website.
Security: Novartis takes reasonable precautions to protect EU personal information in its possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Enforcement: Novartis has established internal mechanisms to verify its ongoing adherence to this Statement. Novartis also encourages individuals covered by this Statement to raise any concerns about our processing of their personal information by contacting Novartis' Privacy Office at the address below or by contacting their local privacy officer or Legal Department. Novartis will seek to resolve any concerns. Novartis has also agreed to participate in the dispute resolution program provided by the European Data Protection Authorities.
Limitation On Scope Of Principles: Adherence to these Privacy Principles may be limited to the extent required to meet a legal, governmental, national security or public interest obligation.
Questions or comments about this Statement should be directed to: